Thursday 29 January 2009

Massive Overdue Entry

Been a lit lax with updates, so here's what i've been up to over the last week.

Wednesday 21st - Alea £40 Freezeout

I don't remember a great deal about this tourney until the final table, where I did my usual of running bad. Blind vs blind against Justin my 88 was no good against 22. Then a couple of hands later Salfi raised my BB, I shipped it with KQg, called by A3, didn't hit and that was that. Bubbled, but got £40 from bounties.

Sunday - Alea £30 Rebuy

This was a fun tournament. With only 9 players we started as one table, and one slightly late entry put us up to 10, maxing out the tourney. I got chipped up quite nicely after calling Salfi's all in with JJ on a 9 high hhh board. I didn't have the Jh but thankfully he had 33 without a heart himself. I then later lost a good chunk of my stack putting a medium stack all in with AK after he raised. He had 99 - I hit an A on the flop but he rivered a 4 flush. I then proceeded to steal blinds left right and centre, never really having a hand. With 3 left I shove with AQs, Steve Bolton calls with 77, flop is boring, I turn a Q, he rivers a 7, bah. £120 for my efforts, and some more league points.

Monday - Alea £15 Freezeout / £1/£2 Cash Game

Played in the £15 "deepstack" freezeout. Seriously, this game is in no way deepstack. Nothing really of interest to say, the standard is so low. With 3 tables left eventually went out with 33 against AJ.

In the cash game I got screwed over pretty bad. With only £40 left I shoved in after a raise to £12 with 99. Got called by 88 and obviously an 8 came out. Reloaded for £40, and got it up to about £45. Restradded to £8, 2 callers and looked down at A8. I shove to try and take it down but get called by Q4s. Flop: A (yay), 8 (yay), 7. Turn 6. River: 5. Ugh.

Wednesday - Alea £40 Freezeout

3
0 players this week. Robert was running thing, and he gave us loads of chips to start. 8x25, 8x100, 8x500, 5x1000. As I was dealing this made my life a lot easier as there was a lot less change making. We reached the final table suprisingly quickly in this game, with the blinds only at 800/1600. I started as the short stack with 12.6k. Three hands in the blinds are 1k/2k. UTG raises to 4k, and I ship it in with QQ. It is then reraised after me to 20k (which turned into 21.2k after I pointed out it was an underraise). The original guy passed and fearing I needed to hit a Q I was happy to see JJ. Now sat on a more reasonable stack I stole a few blinds. With 7 of us left and blinds at 2k/4k and a 30k stack I'm blind stealing a lot again. I eventually get looked up when holding 55 by AA, and that was that. Got £10 from a bounty, and a few league points.

No comments:

Post a Comment