Monday 5 January 2009

Alea £30 rebuy

Went to the Alea to play in the £30r last night. After a few weeks of generally small wins I was hoping for a decent score.

Got down to 2500 during the rebuy period so I rebought to 7500. The very next hand I flatted a raise with AK in the hope the guy to my left would pull a squeeze play for his last 2500. He did, but the original raiser then shoved. Deciding that he could have TT+/AK I made the call. He had AA :( Flop of 234 was decent, K on turn was nice, but nothing on the river and I'm wishing I hadn't made that rebuy.

After the break and I'm up to about 12000, with blinds at 200/400. Pat raised to 800 and I called in the cutoff with 78cc, knowing that there'd be at least one more caller cos Danny was in the big blind. 4 of us saw a flop that got checked around. Turn gave me straight+flush draw. Pat bet 1k, I raised to 3k. He called. Hit my flush on the river, value betted it and he folded.

Mainly increased my stack by raising for the rest of the comp. With 14 left and blinds at 1000/2000 Pat pushed all in for about 11000 with TT. I, having 20000 or so called with QQ and he rivered a T, bah.

Got my stack back up by stealing. The best one was with 72o on the button, and the big blind folded A2 face up, lol.

Pushed with AJo, got called by AJs, and hit runner runner 4 flush. Serves the guys mate behind him for calling for the hearts :)

Final table was fairly uneventful for me to start. Won a race with 55 vs overcards to get a decent stack. Stole one or two pots, but it started going downhill as we got to 5 handed where my stack dwindled a bit.

With 4 left Daniel lost a big pot, leaving him with only 5000 with blinds of 4000/8000. He was on the SB, I shoved with KK. He made a complete donk call (obv I have a strong hand here otherwise I wouldn't push). 45679 board isn't nice. We turn over his cards: 83 - gah. Fish.

3 left. Tim shoves my BB with T9, I called with A2, he rivers a straight, and that is all she wrote.

So, £260 - not the big win I wanted, but it will do. And some league points too :)

3 comments:

  1. Fish? Fish?? With 5k invested and 2k behind do u think im going to fold when you have isolated the pot and provided me with mega valueeeeeeee!! Also 8 3 is the nuts and was obv that the board was going to run out 4 5 6 7 9 giving me the stone cold nut 7 card straight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See! Fish! T8 would be the nuts!

    Obviously it was all meant in jest :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i 10 8 is the nuts! LOL

    I know its all in jest, was a decent final table i thought!

    ReplyDelete